SSi Tuning Forum - Ford / GM / Chrysler

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No oomph  (Read 2190 times)

tstoffel

Re: No oomph
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 10:36:24 PM »

Winter is good!!

Northern Supercrew

• SSi 5150 Club
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 11:44:55 PM »

Got it booked into Ford tues morn for the TSB for the tranny. And I'll replace both Map sensors. .then I gotta wait till cold weather to see if its resolved.

SSI all the way !!!!!!!!!!!

13 FX4 Screw 4x4..ECO powered. 87 Trump..87 Snow/sand

maplelakeduckslayer

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 11:48:48 PM »

Hopefully takes care of it!
I like Aunt Jemima's snatch, the chocolate tip, and meat in my mouth.

phatboy07

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 11:40:47 PM »

Any update to this? I get the EXACT same thing happening...same temps, same lose of power...like I couldn't have explained it differently or better than the OP and I haven't been able to fully pinpoint the problem. Was leaning to changing out the sensors....I don't believe its a transmission issue as the tranny will cycle and feel fine but I lose all turbo boost it seems. While using livewire to monitor I can see my Intake temp read like 0 deg or less which is messed up...my boost will spike very high sometimes then I lose boost...basically a regular V6...a very underpowered V6 for this truck lol. 

maplelakeduckslayer

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 12:06:27 AM »

Intake temp or IAT2?

I am trying to figure out a similar problem that is temp related but mine tends to run worse in warmer weather. Any difference in the sound of the engine...Like wastegates behaving differently?

phatboy07

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »

IAT2...When it gets warmer above that -30 deg range outside like mentioned In this post IAT2 will read more or less what I believe is a normal temp (depending on outside temp of course). Its just really strange that the second the outside temp gets to a certain range (-28 to -33 deg or so) I lose all boost. Like the truck goes
"holy fuck its too cold why are u driving me your fuckin crazy to live here no more fuckin boost for you" haha...Like Is there a sensor not calibrated properly to read this temp range efficiently and goes all wonky and reads IAT2 at like 0 lol?!

Northern Supercrew

• SSi 5150 Club
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »

Any update to this? I get the EXACT same thing happening...same temps, same lose of power...like I couldn't have explained it differently or better than the OP and I haven't been able to fully pinpoint the problem. Was leaning to changing out the sensors....I don't believe its a transmission issue as the tranny will cycle and feel fine but I lose all turbo boost it seems. While using livewire to monitor I can see my Intake temp read like 0 deg or less which is messed up...my boost will spike very high sometimes then I lose boost...basically a regular V6...a very underpowered V6 for this truck lol.
None yet..I had the TSB 14-0075 done by Ford. But I need to see low temp again to see if that fixed it.
When I get home I'm gonna order 2 MAP sensors from Rock auto..they're only 59 bucks each Canadian. I'm glad to see someone else having this problem.

Northern Supercrew

• SSi 5150 Club
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 09:53:13 AM »

Intake temp or IAT2?

I am trying to figure out a similar problem that is temp related but mine tends to run worse in warmer weather. Any difference in the sound of the engine...Like wastegates behaving differently?
Not figured out yet eh?

Northern Supercrew

• SSi 5150 Club
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »

Well coming to work on sun my truck said -31..I needed 32 to see if the prob was still there..rgen I noticed I had my canvas still on the front.  So I'm sure it was colder than what I needed to verify the TSB worked. I'm gonna call it fixed 😎

maplelakeduckslayer

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 04:33:09 PM »

Nice hopefully it is!

Northern Supercrew

• SSi 5150 Club
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 05:05:55 PM »

Oh me too..not sure if it's a certain strategy that is the culprit..my truck came out with a different one after..had to get new tunes from the sheriff. 😂😂

Pages: 1 [2]